Careers: Current opportunities at Earthing Services
Our customers expect to experience the highest performance and professional standards when working with our team. As a result Earthing Services always seeks to identify strong candidates when appointing new staff. Staff retention is very high within the team and as such recruitment is usually as a result of expansion. The primary method of advertising recruitment is using this website, which ensures that applicants have had the opportunity to familiarize themselves with company activity, and the varieties of products and services that it provides.
Appropriate applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed below, and the submission of CVs should always be accompanied with a covering letter detailing the ways in which you feel that your attributes meet the requirements of the person specification. Electronic applications are welcomed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the company’s Eastwood postal address.
Technical Department: Electrical Earthing Engineer
The new member of the team will be based at our Eastwood (NG16 3BF) office and undertake a range of duties including (but not limited to):
- Design of electrical earthing systems: Electrical earthing systems are designed to meet performance requirements dictated by standards, specifications, and client needs, and the suite of software that Earthing Services uses to develop these is called CDEGS. Familiarity with this piece of software, or equivalent is essential, but proficiency is desired.
- Performance assessment of electrical earthing systems: Electrical earthing installations are safety critical systems and as a result they need to be tested to demonstrate their performance. The successful candidate will be able to interpret data obtained from site testing activities and assess the effectiveness of a system’s ongoing suitability. Whilst undertaking testing activities is not envisaged as a core requirement of the role, the successful candidate will need to be prepared to contribute where required.
- Client representation and attendance at multi-disciplinary meetings: The variety of projects that Earthing Services works on often requires the attendance of, and contribution to, meetings with other interfacing parties. The successful candidate will be able to represent the company’s position on a range of matters, but certainly including all matters impacting upon our scope of project involvement.
Personal attributes for the role:
- Experience of designing electrical earthing systems
- Electrical engineering qualifications (equivalent to degree desired, but not essential)
- Familiarity with the practical issues associated with construction projects
- Self-motivated with excellent prioritization and coordination skills
- A preparedness to positively contribute to the dynamic of the existing team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary and terms are negotiable based upon experience.